1. Website Operators. The Company Websites are operated primarily by Company and its subsidiaries. From time to time, Company may contract with certain service providers, including, but not limited to, promotional, internet and public relations service providers (collectively "Service Providers"). In this Policy, the Company and its Service Providers are referred to collectively as "we" or "our." The Company is at all times the sponsor of a Company Website and Service Providers may host Company Websites and provide customer service support for Company Websites. If you have any questions regarding this Policy or any other matter in connection with the website, please contact: LHM Response Center, 660 Mason Ridge Center Drive, St. Louis, MO 63141, email@example.com.
2. Collection of Information.
- Non-Personal Information. Certain non-personal information about site visits is recorded by the standard operation of the Internet servers on which Company Websites are hosted. The non-personal information that we collect may include IP addresses, the type of operating system in use (e.g., Macintosh or Windows), the type of browser being used by the visitor (e.g., Netscape or Internet Explorer), and the number and frequency of visitors to Company Websites.
You are always free to decline cookies, but in doing so your child may not be able to use certain features on our websites. The "help" segment of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to configure your browser not to accept new cookies, how to have the browser inform you when you receive a new cookie, and how to erase cookies from your hard drive.
We may also use web beacons to count page visits by our users, to access our cookies, and otherwise to improve your experience on a Company Website.
Personal Information. In general, we only collect e-mail addresses from children in order to allow them to send electronic postcards and enter sweepstakes and contests as set forth below. We do not, however, make a child's participation in any Company Website activity contingent on that child's disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity.
3. Electronic Postcards. We may collect children's e-mail addresses to allow them to send electronic postcards and other communications to third parties, such as their friends. In order to send electronic postcards, children will be asked to provide their e-mail address as well as the recipients' e-mail addresses. All information collected for electronic postcards is used only to send the requested electronic postcard and is deleted from our system once the electronic postcard is sent.
4. Disclosure of Information. The Company will only transfer or otherwise disclose the information it collects from children under 13 to employees and independent contractors of the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and Service Providers if the information will enable that party to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for the Company, or if required to do so by law. We will also transfer or otherwise disclose personal information in response to judicial process, to comply with legal requirements, and, as permitted under provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on a matter related to public safety. We may also use your information as permitted by law to protect our rights or property, a Company Website, or its users. Our Service Providers provide support for the internal operations of Company Websites and are required not to disclose this information to any other third party who is not a Service Provider for any purpose.
5. Security of Information. The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with Company Websites visitors is of utmost concern to us. The Company exercises great care and implements a variety of technologies to make the Company Websites as secure as possible against unauthorized access and to protect the information visitors choose to provide to us. The Company periodically reviews and updates these measures. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be one hundred percent (100%) secure. As a result, while the Company strives to protect a visitor's personal information, the Company can not ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us or from our online products or services, and a visitor does so at his/her own risk. The Company uses the industry standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption when credit card information is transmitted to us.
6. Unforeseen Circumstances. In the event that the Company or any of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information acquired by the Company may be one of the assets transferred.
7. Third Party Websites. To the extent that any of the third-party sites accessible through this website has different privacy practices from those stated in this Policy, those third-party privacy practices govern the collection and use of information you provide when visiting those sites. The Company is not responsible for the policies, content, and practices of other companies.
9. Review and Deletion of Personal Information. You may review and delete your personally identifiable information contained in the Company's records at any time. If you would like to review or delete this information, please contact us at:
International Lutheran Laymen's League
660 Mason Ridge Center Drive
St. Louis, MO 63141-8557
10. Requests For Feedback. Company Websites may request feedback from visitors regarding an activity or piece of content on the Company Websites. Feedback is used for internal purposes only, and any personally identifiable information that is accidentally submitted is deleted.
11. Notice To All Children. Never provide any information about yourself on the Internet without your parent's/guardian's permission. Please read the Company's Parental Consent Policy (see below) with your parents/guardians before you go any further. Company requires your parents'/guardians' written permission for children under thirteen (13) to provide us with certain information required to get the newsletters, order subscriptions or enter certain clubs, etc. on the Company Websites.
12. Notices to Children under the Age of Thirteen (13).
- Use of Website and Collection and Use of Information After Parental Consent Given. If parental consent has been given, Company will only collect and use personal information (e.g., email address, mailing address, payment method and details) to the extent necessary to administer the requested activity. For example, the information will be used:
- To process and fulfill orders for subscriptions;
- To send the newsletters or other pertinent information by email; and
- To notify winners of contests and sweepstakes (if children under thirteen (13) were eligible). Information collected may also be used by Company for internal review purposes in aggregate.
- Disclosure of Information Collected From Children Under the Age of Thirteen (13) to Third Parties. Company will not disclose information collected from children under the age of thirteen (13) (or from adults for that matter) to third parties unless indicated otherwise or in special cases where Company has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (whether intentionally or unintentionally) with Company's rights or property or anyone else who may be harmed by such actions or if required by law.
- Parental Monitoring and Control Tools. Company recommends that parents/guardians monitor and supervise the online activities of their children and consider using parental control tools available which can prevent children from disclosing their name, address, and other personal information without parental permission.
- Collection and Use of Information for Children Under the Age of Thirteen (13) for Contests, Sweepstakes or Other Activities. In the event children under the age of thirteen (13) are eligible, with parental consent, to participate in contests, sweepstakes or other activities offered through our site, we will only collect and use information (e.g., email address, mailing address, name, age) to the extent that it is necessary to administer the activity. We will never require that a child disclose more information than is necessary to participate in an activity as a condition of participation.
13. Changes to This Policy. On occasion, it may be necessary for us to change the terms of this Policy. We will do so by posting updated text on this Policy. You agree to check for changes to the Policy each time you visit Company Websites. Company will make it easy for you to notice changes to the Policy by noting changes in the last 30 days on the main page link and by redlining the changes themselves. Your continued use then constitutes acceptance of those changes. Notwithstanding the above, we will not materially change how we handle previously collected information without providing notice and an opportunity to choose how we use that information.
14. Contact Us. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding this Policy and/or practices in relation to privacy matters, please contact us at the following mailing address or telephone number:
660 Mason Ridge Center Drive
St. Louis, MO 63141-8557
Attention: LHM Response Center
(Effective Date: January 22, 2007)